After five years in the making, Macau: Work in Progress is finally available to a worldwide audience. This three hundred page, limited-edition hardcover volume is sure to be in demand amongst Asia aficionados for years to come thanks to its intuitive visual narrative and searing insight into this mysterious south-China cultural hub.
Covering the most tumultuous years of Macau's transition from salty backwater to gaming mecca, the book paints a formerly unrealized portrait of the outpost. Mirroring the country's modern diversity, Macau: Work in Progress presents images of colonial Portuguese architecture alongside photographs of colossal themed mega resorts whose scale was relegated to the imagination before their recent advent.
Religious faithful and nightclub dancers writhe across the book's pages with equal billing; images of traditional Chinese dressmakers and Michelin-star French restaurants share the index with street-side food carts and adult-expo entertainers.
The luxuriant eleven inch square binding and vivid color plates of this first edition printing must be seen in person to be fully appreciated.
Macau: Work in Progress
- Photographs by David Hartung; text by Anita Duffin with commentary by José Luís de Sales Marques
- Three hundred pages
- Eleven by eleven inch exterior dimensions
- Cloth-wrapped hardcover binding
- First edition printing (released December 6, 2011)
- 2,000 cover print run
- $15 USPS Priority Mail shipping to any US address; free electronic order tracking included
- Each additional book ships for $5. Please contact us for a quotation for large orders
- Credit card payments securely processed by Paypal